Ok, so maybe you’ve slipped. One day led to another and now here you are 3 weeks (or years) away from a time when you were really trying to do the right things and stay on track with your nutrition and exercise. No worries. Getting back in line is easy as pie (sorry).
1. Make a list of 10 things you would do at your ideal weight and health.
Inspiration is a powerful motivator. Always stay connected to your end desire. As Stephen Covey says in Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, “Start with the end in mind.”
2. Energize your exercise routine with a simple walk, forget the gym for now.
Don’t kill yourself at the gym. This is the kind of self punishment that leads straight to a pint of Ben and Jerry’s. Just walk…keep on walking. You can do this. Start slow.
3. Add one fruit to your daily intake.
An apple a day can go a long way to eliminating some unnecessary snacking as well as bring some needed fiber and nutrients to your digestive track which is begging for mercy.
4. Have a conversation with at least one person you know who is always encouraging.
Come on! I’m sure you know someone.
5. Keep healthy foods out in plain view and put the less than healthy away.
If we think about food every time we see it, we might as well stack the deck in our favor…let’s look at more of the good stuff and less of the bad.
6. Keep a log of everything you are eating and drinking.
“Oh…I only ate 12oo calories yesterday.”….before 8pm. You bite it, you write it. Mindful eating starts with honesty with yourself. This does not mean self imposed guilt…it means honesty!
7. Spend 5 minutes every day visualizing what you will look like at your ideal body weight and health.
Use your imagination. Having trouble with this one? Pick a model and paste your head on their picture..just kidding, but seriously, not really but you could.
8. Don’t beat yourself up for something you may have done “wrong”.
All is fair in love and war. Hopefully this is more about love than war. In any event, mistakes are our learning grounds for improvement. Be grateful for them, just don’t use this as an excuse to eat that whole batch of brownies in the name of self improvement.
9. Drink plenty of water.
You already know this one but it never hurts to be reminded. Seriously, probably the single most important thing you can do for yourself.
10. Remember you never can fail unless your dead….heart still beating? Then you still have a chance to succeed.
Stay positive, stay grateful. If you made it this far, you’re still alive…hell, even Jerry Garcia was grateful in death.
Keep on keeping on friends and never forget the words of one of our great visionaries,
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
Write down your tips and ideas to share.
P.s. If you want more help on effortless fat release, join the next workshop on May 8th.