My father and dear friend, Fred Hightower, Jr. passed last week after a two-year long bout with cancer. We had a service for him at which I spoke to say a few words to honor his life. There were many things that I learned from my father and he was my biggest fan and supporter for my book and my blog and my endeavors to help people live a healthier life. I want to share briefly some of those things my father’s life taught me.
- Live each day to the fullest. Life is a precious gift and it is meant to be filled with joy and happiness.
- Never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them. They need to know and it will brighten even the darkest days.
- Follow your passion. It can never lead you wrong. It is why you’re here.
- Stay in the present moment. It is the only moment that will ever truly matter. The past is over and the future hasn’t happened yet.
- Have fun. If it isn’t going to be fun, It’s probably not worth doing
Your physical presence will be missed, Dad, but your love is still very much alive in all that I do and in all that I am.
Your loyal son,
got to www.fredhightower.com to learn more about my dad’s life